Understanding the Writing Journey: Planning for Progression in Years 1-2 - Webinar
This series of webinars will take participants through the CLPE Writing Scale, focussing on key attainment expectations for children at different ages and stages of development and will explore the practice and provision that will support children’s progress towards these goals.
What will participants gain?
- The knowledge, skills, attitudes and understanding involved in becoming an Developing Writer
- Understanding and supporting the development of transcription and composition in Years 1 and 2.
- Understanding an authentic writing process and how to develop purposeful contexts for writing.
- Contextualising language, vocabulary, phonics, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- The knowledge, skills and understanding they will gain from these approaches.
All participants will also receive a free teaching sequence for Winter Sleep as well as a free Take 5 Home Learning Resource example.
This session, focussed on progress and provision for Years 1 and 2 will focus on developing children’s independence as writers, and will consider the range of experiences and approaches that can be offered to children at this stage to support them in coming up with ideas for writing and having the skills to translate their ideas onto the page for a reader.
We will explore the kinds of experiences and contexts for writing that can support teachers to focus on key writing skills and strategies, including the use and application of phonics and spelling.
Throughout the session we will share a range of ways in which to provide purposeful contexts for writing and a range of texts and creative teaching approaches designed to develop children’s ideas, language and content for a range of different forms of writing for a variety of purposes and audiences.
Throughout the session we will share a range of ways in which to provide purposeful contexts for writing and a range of texts and creative teaching approaches designed to develop children’s ideas, language and content of their writing.
A clear and well presented session full of ideas I can use and share in school.
Anjali was amazing! I loved her knowledge and passion for books. Great practical ideas.