Understanding the Writing Journey : Planning for Progression in EYFS - Webinar
Enhance knowledge and understanding in how to teach and build the foundations for writing in Nursery and Reception by providing a range of age-appropriate experiences which will develop children’s transcriptional skills and imagination and ideas to support composition. All elements of the training is in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
This webinar is part of a series which take participants through the CLPE Writing Scale, focussing on key attainment expectations for children at different ages and stages of development and will explore the practice and provision that will support children’s progress towards these goals. Teachers and leaders might undertake one webinar on its own or attend all four webinars to embed consistency of practice from Nursery to Year 6.
What you will learn:
- Understand what the skills, knowledge and attitudes involved in early writing how it develops in the Early Years;
- The writing practices and contexts that meet the needs and interests of young children and enable them to be curious, engaged and motivated to write;
- How to choose and use quality texts to exemplify authentic writing voices, provide language models, enrich vocabulary and inspire opportunities for writing;
- The teaching approaches that best support language and vocabulary acquisition and composition of imaginative ideas for writing;
- The meaninful contexts which support children at the early stages to markmake and write across the provision;
- How to enable children to use and apply growing phonic knowledge to segment and spell words in real contexts;
- Contexts which develop gross and fine motor skills and encourage fluency and stamina;
What will participants gain?
Participants will be introduced to a wide range of quality texts suitable for Early Years Foundation Stage and practical ideas that can easily be transferred to the classroom.
To support immediate implementation at school, all participants will receive a handout of the presentation slides, along with a free teaching sequence for Hello, Friend! as well as a free Take 5 Home Learning Resource example.
This webinar is delivered via Zoom. Once you have secured your place, you will receive a confirmation email detailing how to join the session. Please ensure that you register well in advance of the event start. If you have any issues, please email email@example.com
It was very thorough, really well structured, pacey, with a good balance of information and interaction to keep us engaged and involved. Thank you
Teacher on Understanding the Writing Journey in EYFS, 2020
Very practical advice and information to create effective links to classroom learning environment.
Teacher on Understanding the Writing Journey in EYFS, 2021