Understanding Spelling KS2 - webinar
- Explore how to teach spelling effectively in KS2, in line with the requirements of the National Curriculum;
- Investigate key knowledge and strategies specific to stages of development;
- Develop teachers’ subject knowledge and understanding in how to teach spelling by introducing them to a range of strategies and approaches specific to their key stage;
- Exemplify the role that a rich reading curriculum plays in ensuring that children become confident and effective spellers in a range of different contexts.
Enhance knowledge and understanding in how to teach spelling effectively to children from Year 3 to Year 6, in line with the requirements of the National Curriculum.
This introductory 2-hour webinar is designed by experts and explores a range of strategies and approaches based on proven classroom practice and the research from the CLPE publication Understanding Spelling.
Particular attention is given to the role that a rich reading curriculum plays in ensuring that all children become confident and effective spellers in a range of contexts, by providing subject knowledge in a range of effective spelling strategies which can best support particular contexts.
What you will learn:
- An introduction to the context of the English spelling system, including a brief history of English language development.
- Gain knowledge about the continuum of development in spelling from the early stages to competency in a range of contexts;
- Evidence-based classroom environments, practice and provision that enable children at various stages of development to learn to spell effectively;
- Subject knowledge in the range of spelling strategies which best support particular contexts.
- How to begin to develop a classroom culture of curiosity and collaboration in which learners are confident to take an investigative approach to spelling in a rich reading curriculum;
- Examples of a range of quality children's literature that build a repertoire of vocabulary, create connections and provide spelling models.
This webinar is delivered via Zoom. Once a place has been secured, the participant will receive a pre-registration email three days before the training date with details on how to join the session. Please ensure that you register in advance of the event start time. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinar price is per person.