Teaching Writing in EYFS - Webinar
Enhance knowledge and understanding of how to teach writing in Nursery and Reception by providing a range of experiences that promote transcriptional skills and develop imagination and ideas to support composition.
This webinar is part of a series which uses the CLPE Writing Scale to focus participants on key attainment expectations for children at different ages and stages of development, then explores the practice and provision that support children’s progress towards these goals.
What you will learn:
- the skills, knowledge and attitudes involved in early writing and how it develops in the Early Years;
- the writing practices and contexts that meet the needs and interests of young children and enable them to be curious, engaged and motivated to write;
- how to choose and use quality texts to exemplify authentic writing voices, provide language models, enrich vocabulary and inspire opportunities for writing;
- teaching approaches that best support language and vocabulary acquisition and composition of imaginative ideas for writing;
- meaningful contexts which support children to mark make and write across the provision;
- how to enable children to use and apply growing phonic knowledge to segment and spell words in real contexts;
- contexts which develop gross and fine motor skills and encourage fluency and stamina.
What will participants gain?
- Participants are introduced to a wide range of quality texts suitable for Early Years Foundation Stage alongside practical ideas that can easily be transferred to the classroom.
- Participants receive a handout of the presentation slides, along with a teaching sequence for Hello, Friend! by Rebecca Cobb as well as a Take 5 Home Learning Resource example, supporting immediate implementation at school.
- Participants receive a pre-registration email three days before the training date with details on how to join the Zoom session.
Webinar price is per person.
This is the first of a series of four webinars: teachers and leaders might attend one or all four to embed consistency of practice from Nursery to Year 6.
All elements of the training are in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
It was very thorough, really well structured, pacey, with a good balance of information and interaction to keep us engaged and involved. Thank you
Teacher on Understanding the Writing Journey in EYFS, 2020