An introduction to Phonics in a Rich Reading Curriculum: Practice and provision in Early Years Foundation Stage - Webinar
In this session, participants will explore the journey of early phonological development, investigating the key aspects that build the foundations for a programme of systematic phonics teaching to be successful.
We will then investigate the basic phonic code, looking at how to develop a programme of teaching that develops children’s knowledge of one grapheme for each of the sounds in the English Language and how to blend and segment phonemes to enable children to decode and spell words phonetically.
We will also explore ways in which to support children to use and apply these skills in the context of quality texts and rich and purposeful writing opportunities across the provision. The webinar content is based on the research and best practice from CLPE’s Phonics in a Rich Reading Curriculum training programme.
What will participants gain?
- An understanding of how phonic knowledge develops across the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Exploring the key terminology, skills and strategies which should be developed in EYFS
- How to choose and use quality children’s literature to support the use and application of phonics in EYFS
This webinar is part of a three session package of webinars which provide participants with an introduction to the CLPE approach to phonics across EYFS and KS1 and into KS2 for those children needing further support. Schools can either book leaders on to all three sessions for a complete overview, or book individual teachers on to the sessions that applies to the phases they teach.
Find out more:
- An introduction to Phonics in a Rich Reading Curriculum: Practice and provision in KS1 – Webinar
- An Introduction to Phonics and Early Reading in KS2 - Webinar
Focus texts for this online course:
- The Drum by Ken Wilson-Max
- Peck Peck Peck by Lucy Cousins
- A Perfect Day by Lane Smith
- Quiet by Kate Alizadeh
This webinar is delivered via Zoom. Once you have secured your place, you will receive a confirmation email detailing how to join the session. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The webinar was logically sequenced and this helped clarity. The presenters were excellent - engaging and clear and highly knowledgeable. The webinar was appropriately interactive and any questions asked were addressed. It was a brilliant session. Thank you!
Very thought provoking and supportive of my role. Thank you. As always from CLPE, an evidenced based approach with clear links to high quality early years pedagogy and the best possible experiences we can offer children.