Planning the Curriculum Around a Text - one day training INSET
This INSET day training provides teachers with knowledge of a range of creative teaching approaches that have been proven to enhance higher order thinking, reading, writing and spoken language across the primary years.
We will explore how to develop a cross-curricular unit of work inspired by quality texts that will support improved attainment in literacy and support thinking skills across the curriculum.
As part of the training your teachers will receive an associated teaching sequence of detailed planning ideas to support the immediate implementation of the ideas from the day, inspiring creative cross-curricular learning in their own classrooms.
The training day will focus on the following key areas:
- What we mean by creativity
- Why creative learning is important in supporting children's literacy development
- Choosing and using quality texts that support cross curricular learning
- Exploring contexts and creative teaching approaches proven to enhance literacy engagement and extend learning across the curriculum
- How to plan for literacy learning across the curriculum, exemplified through a teaching sequence
Individual schools wishing to partake in INSET days will have the option to select a date focused on this area. To book, please complete our booking enquiry form