Phonics in a Rich Reading Curriculum - one-day training INSET
This training day offers clear guidance for the provision of a systematic phonics programme, supporting children to gain independence as readers across the Early Years and Key Stage 1.
It will strengthen practitioner knowledge and understanding of the subject knowledge and terminology in relation to phonics, in line with EYFS 2014 and National Curriculum 2014 and will provide ideas and resources for how to plan for successful use and application of phonics learning in the wider curriculum.
As part of the training day, your teachers will receive sample long term planning outlining a systematic approach to the teaching of phonics and two teaching sequences designed to support in the immediate implementation of the ideas from the course across EYFS and KS1.
The training day will focus on the following key areas:
- Understanding the reading journey - how reading develops
- Planning for a systematic approach to the teaching of phonics
- Learning the language of text, story, song and rhyme and the importance of early phonological development
- Identifying and synthesising speech sounds
- Analysing patterns in words
- Exemplifying the use and application of phonics within a literacy rich curriculum in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1
Individual schools wishing to book an INSET day will have the option to select a preferred date.
To book, please complete our booking enquiry form