We’re Going on a Science Hunt! Science in the Outdoor Environment for 3-7s
This fun and practical training explores how to use picture books and the outdoor environment as a starting point for scientific enquiry in the Early Years and KS1. This enables children to benefit from a richer and more complex understanding of scientific language and concepts covered in EYFS 2014 and National Curriculum 2014.
Practitioners will explore the theory of successful learning in science and take part in a range of practical outdoor activities that support the development, understanding and use of scientific language, concepts and investigation in real-life contexts. The training will also focus on children’s recording in science and developing a supportive environment for science that supports independent learning, hypothesizing, exploration, and sustained shared thinking.
• Develop their practice and pedagogy in science in the Early Years and KS1
• Gain ideas for practical activities designed to bring science learning alive in the outdoor environment, with high-quality picture books as a starting point
• Explore creative ways to record scientific learning, including the use of digital media
• Audit indoor and outdoor provision to develop scientific learning and understanding
• Receive a high quality children’s text to support learning back in school
"I have been inspired and motivated by such a brilliant course with hands on experiences that are meaningful and contextual."Teacher, 2016
"They should be encouraged to be curious and ask questions about what they notice. They should be helped to develop their understanding of scientific ideas by using different types of scientific enquiry to answer their own questions."National Curriculum 2014