Understanding the Writing Journey: Planning for Progression in Years 3-4 - Webinar
This webinar is being run on two different dates:
- Wednesday 24th February 2021: 3.30pm - 5.30pm.
- Thursday 25th February 2021: 1.00pm - 3.00pm.
Please select the date from the drop down menu at the top and choose the webinar you require.
This series of webinars will take participants through the CLPE Writing Scale, focussing on key attainment expectations for children at different ages and stages of development and will explore the practice and provision that will support children’s progress towards these goals.
What will participants gain?
- The knowledge, skills, attitudes and understanding involved in becoming a Fluent Writer
- Understanding and supporting the development of transcription and composition in Years 3 and 4.
- Understanding an authentic writing process and how to develop purposeful contexts for writing.
- Contextualising language, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- The knowledge, skills and understanding they will gain from these approaches
All participants will also receive a free teaching sequence for How the Stars Came to be as well as a free Take 5 Home Learning Resource example.
This session, focussed on progress and provision for Years 3 and 4 will focus on developing children’s writing stamina, and will consider the range of experiences and approaches that can be offered to children at this stage to support them in shaping and selecting language and style with the reader in mind.
We will explore the kinds of contexts for writing that can support teachers to help pupils tackle more extended writing with confidence and assurance. We will also consider how we can engage pupils in an authentic process of redrafting, editing and refining their work, using teacher feedback, peer response and self-assessment
Throughout the session we will share a range of ways in which to provide purposeful contexts for writing and a range of texts and creative teaching approaches designed to develop children’s ideas, language and content of their writing.