Understanding the Writing Journey : Planning for Progression in EYFS - Webinar
This webinar is being run on two different dates:
- Wednesday 3rd March: 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Thursday 4th March: 3:30pm - 5:30pm.
Please select the date from the drop down menu at the top and choose the webinar you require.
This series of webinars will take participants through the CLPE Writing Scale, focussing on key attainment expectations for children at different ages and stages of development and will explore the practice and provision that will support children’s progress towards these goals.
What will participants gain?
- The knowledge, skills, attitudes and understanding involved in becoming an Early Writer
- Understanding and supporting the development of transcription and composition in the Early Years.
- Contextualising language, vocabulary, phonics, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Understanding an authentic writing process and how to develop purposeful contexts for writing.
- The knowledge, skills and understanding they will gain from these approaches.
All participants will also receive a free teaching sequence for Hello, Friend! as well as a free Take 5 Home Learning Resource example.
This session, focussed on progress and provision for the Early Years will focus on the foundations for writing, looking at the range of experiences that can be offered to children at this age and how these can be used to develop children’s transcriptional skills and imagination and ideas to support composition.
We will explore the kinds of experiences and contexts for writing that can support teachers to focus on key writing skills and strategies, including the use and application of phonics and gross and fine motor development to support handwriting.
Throughout the session we will share a range of ways in which to provide purposeful contexts for writing and a range of texts and creative teaching approaches designed to develop children’s ideas, language and content for a range of different kinds of writing linked to personal experience and themes and topics of interst.
The contexts for writing and texts chosen will exemplify how to plan for opportunities to meet the needs and interests of children in the Early Years and the activities shared will support children’s learning across the provision.