Power of Reading - Rugby
The Power of Reading is a school development project which engages teachers and children in the literacy curriculum using high quality books and proven teaching approaches. This project is being commissioned by: Hillmorton Primary School.
For booking and information please visit: https://bit.ly/2DvKkRo
The Power of Reading and Power of Reading in the Early Years from CLPE are proven to raise children's literacy achievement. Established for 13 years, over 4500 teachers have taken part in the training which enhances teachers’ knowledge of quality literature and develops their ability to use it creatively in the classroom.
This 4 day course includes:
- 4 full day INSET sessions designed by our highly experienced team of teachers
- Free place for headteacher or senior leader on the first and last days of the training
- 2 packs of carefully chosen children's books (20 books per teacher) and selected associated teaching resources
- An audit of classroom literacy provision and support to develop a whole school approach to reading and writing
- Children's book groups to increase enthusiasm for quality literature and understanding of how to share this in the classroom
- A subscription to a resource-packed website hosting over 200 teaching sequences for EYFS to KS2, explanations of our teaching approaches and over 1500 examples of good practice
- An introduction to CLPE Reading and Writing Scales to help teachers strengthen formative assessment, understand the journey toward becoming literate and support progress for every child
- Opportunities to meet leading children's writers including Philip Gross, Bethan Woolvin, Linda Newbery, Piers Torday and Chitra Soundar
- The Power of Reading meets all requirements of the National Curriculum.
Bringing the Power of Reading project to you
We can deliver the project to groups of schools in a local area. For more information about commissioning a local project please contact Gwyneth Dear, Business Development Manager .
For further information please contact:
Gwyneth Dear, CLPE Business Development Manager by email: [email protected] or
Tel: 020 7902 2295.
“PoR has had a massive impact. The class teacher’s positively infectious enthusiasm for love of reading and books has transferred to the class.”Headteacher, St. Matthew’s Bloxam CE Primary School, Rugby, PoR Rugby training 2017-18
“The Power of Reading has transformed reading and writing in our school. We have been able to consider and try new teaching approaches and the children have found a new love of reading and writing”.Year 3 Teacher, Wood End Primary School, Atherstone, PoR Rugby training 2017-18
“The quality of presentation matched to the amazing texts AND activities has really improved reading and writing in just half a term”.Year 2 Teacher Kingsway Community Primary School, Leamington Spa, PoR Rugby training 2017-18