Power of Reading - Norfolk
This project has been commissioned by the Viscount Nelson Education Network CIC. Cost is £1450 ( £950 for additional attendees). Please note that this training has now started. To find out about future Norfolk Power of Reading projects please visit the Viscount Nelson Education Network CIC website
The Power of Reading and Power of Reading in the Early Years from CLPE are proven to raise children's literacy achievement. Established for 13 years, over 4500 teachers have taken part in the training which enhances teachers’ knowledge of quality literature and develops their ability to use it creatively in the classroom.
This 4 day course includes:
- 4 full day INSET sessions designed by our highly experienced team of teachers
- Free place for headteacher or senior leader on the first and last days of the training
- 2 packs of carefully chosen children's books (20 books per teacher) and selected associated teaching resources
- An audit of classroom literacy provision and support to develop a whole school approach to reading and writing
- Children's book groups to increase enthusiasm for quality literature and understanding of how to share this in the classroom
- A subscription to a resource-packed website hosting over 200 teaching sequences for EYFS to KS2, explanations of our teaching approaches and over 1500 examples of good practice
- An introduction to CLPE Reading and Writing Scales to help teachers strengthen formative assessment, understand the journey toward becoming literate and support progress for every child
- Opportunities to meet leading children's writers including Philip Gross, Bethan Woolvin, Linda Newbery, Piers Torday and Chitra Soundar
The Power of Reading meets all requirements of the National Curriculum.
Bringing the Power of Reading project to you
We can deliver the project to groups of schools in a local area. For more information about commissioning a local project please contact Gwyneth Dear, Business Development Manager .
For further information please contact:
Gwyneth Dear, CLPE Business Development Manager by email: [email protected] or
Tel: 020 7902 2295.
“The children have experienced and enjoyed a range of high quality texts. We have been able to explore some difficult and abstract concepts through book talk. Teachers are much more confident about the texts they're using.”Year 5 teacher, George White Junior School, Norwich PoR project 2017-18
“Everybody in my class is enjoying and responding to the texts. It is a totally inclusive way of teaching English. The whole school now uses PoR to teach English."Year 2 teacher, Buckden Primary School, PoR project 2017-18