Power of Reading in the Early Years London
This successful training engages teachers and children in the Early Years language and literacy curriculum with high quality books and creative teaching approaches, set within the expectations of the EYFS 2014. In its fourth year, the Power of Reading in the Early Years was developed to address the unique teaching and learning requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Schools which have booked on the Power of Reading at CLPE receive a discounted place on this course for just £950.
This project offers in depth EYFS training in areas including talk and story, rhyme and song and outdoor texts.
Participants will gain:
• A comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles that underpin the sound and effective teaching of literacy in the early years
• Extensive, quality CPD in the approaches that are research proven to raise young childrens’ engagement and attainment
• Opportunities to network and share good practice with other practitioners
This 4 day course includes:
- 4 full day INSET sessions designed by our highly experienced team of teachers
- Free place for headteacher or senior leader on the first and last days of the training
- 2 packs of carefully chosen children's books (20 books per teacher) and selected associated teaching resources
- An audit of classroom literacy provision and support to develop a whole school approach to reading and writing
- Children's book groups to increase enthusiasm for quality literature and understanding of how to share this in the classroom
- A subscription to a resource-packed website hosting over 200 teaching sequences for EYFS to KS2, explanations of our teaching approaches and over 1500 examples of good practice
- An introduction to CLPE Reading and Writing Scales to help teachers strengthen formative assessment, understand the journey toward becoming literate and support progress for every child
- Opportunities to meet leading children's writers including Petr Horáček
The Power of Reading meets all requirements of the National Curriculum.
Power of Reading in the Early Years training is available at a discounted rate for schools booking on the Power of Reading at CLPE.
Consortium or school groups booking 10 places will pay just £1000 per place. Please email Gwyneth Dear to book
Bringing the Power of Reading in the Early Years project to you
We can deliver the project to groups of schools in a local area. For more information about commissioning a local project please contact Gwyneth Dear, Business Development Manager
Need to arrange supply cover while you are away?
We have teamed up with Zen Educate, a smart new way to arrange cover. If you are a London school you will be able to get £100* off your first day of supply.
*Terms and conditions apply.
"The project has had a huge impact in the EYFS. The team have been so excited by the books and teaching sequences. It has been instrumental in giving more confidence and inspiration to our teachers."Headteacher, 2017
“Children were excited and engaged with the activities in the teaching sequence and the high quality texts. They were able to really get to know the characters at a deeper level and the slow reveal of the events in the stories kept them hooked."Teacher - PoREY project 2017-18