Planning Creatively Around Texts in EYFS
This course has been updated for 2018-2019 using a new book and new teaching sequence.
Teachers on this training will explore innovative teaching approaches with core texts that invoke and respond to children’s interests, extend thinking across all areas of learning and facilitate inspiring continuous provision. This practical day is grounded in sound pedagogical research and provides ideas for creative indoor and outdoor provision to raise children’s achievement across all areas of learning in the EYFS 2014.
All teachers will receive a high quality children's text and associated teaching sequence of detailed planning ideas to support the immediate implementation of the ideas from the day, inspiring creative cross-curricular learning across the continuous and enhanced provision
The course will focus on the following key areas:
- Why is a curriculum built around high quality literature important in the Early Years?
- Why is creative learning important in supporting children's literacy development?
- Creating contexts to support and extend children's talk and thinking across the provision
- Exploring contexts and creative approaches proven to enhance children's engagement and extend their learning across the provision
- Planning for creative approaches in the continuous and enhanced provision across areas of learning, exemplified through a teaching sequence
We have teamed up with Zen Educate, a smart new way to arrange cover. If you are a London school you will be able to get £100* off your first day of supply.
*Terms and conditions apply.
"I now really understand the value and need for high quality texts and am eager and willing to change the current planning."Early Years Teacher, 2017
"Children must be given access to a wide range of reading materials (books, poetry and other written materials) to ignite their interest. "Statutory Framework for the EYFS 2014