Developing the Role of the English Subject Leader
This 6 day course is ideal for Subject Leaders, both those new to the post and existing. Please note that this course has now begun. Email [email protected] if you are interested in signing up for the next Developing the Role of the English Subject Leader course.
Teachers will have extensive input on research, best practice and subject knowledge. They will hear from a range of keynote speakers, and practising experts. Every participant will receive an anthology of related reading and three theoretical texts to deepen their subject knowledge.
The price of this six day course has been reduced to the equivalent of just £165 per day.
English Subject Leaders will:
- Develop a clear and inclusive vision for English learning and progress across their whole school based on relevant research and best practice.
- Understand progress in reading and writing, what it looks like and how to plan to support it.
- Recognise the relationship between reading, talk and writing and how to plan for this across the curriculum
- Receive tools to support them to effectively monitor, evaluate and build on practice to raise the engagement and attainment of all learners
- Identify how to support their staff to move learning on for pupils
Day one: Shaping a Vision for English
Day two: Early Literacy Development
Day three: Developing an Effective Curriculum: Reading focus
Day four: Developing an Effective Curriculum: Writing focus
Day five: The Reader in the Writer: Developing an effective whole school English curriculum
Day six: Planning to take your vision forward.
'I am much more confident about my vision and communicating that to staff. I have a much greater understanding of the pedagogy that underpins reading and writing and therefore can inform staff more effectively.' Literacy Leader 2018
‘I have developed confidence in my role and how to share and model to others. I have a wider knowledge of texts and how to vary teaching’. Literacy Leader 2018
‘The course has transformed my teaching pedagogy and ignited my passion for Literacy. The course was full of incredible ideas led by an inspirational leader who is highly knowledgeable.’Literacy Leader 2018
‘The course has certainly met my needs. I now understand the role of English co-ordinator to a far greater depth and feel confident in applying these skills to a range of subjects and managerial roles.’Literacy Leader 2018