What does membership to the Power of Reading website offer?
Already a Member? Log-in here
The Power of Reading online resource gives your whole school access to detailed literacy planning for 220 high-quality children’s book, 1,500 examples of classroom practice and our NEW home learning resources. It provides ideas, inspiration and structure for your literacy curriculum, raising literacy standards and developing a love of reading and writing.
Each year our expert teaching team add new plans and regularly update current planning appropriate for Early Years to Year 7, to match statutory requirements. Schools can purchase a 12 month, whole school membership at an affordable cost.
The website provides access to:
- Suggestions of over 220 high quality texts to engage learners in English lessons from Early Years to Year 6.
- Detailed teaching plans for these texts, which develop children as readers and writers and include the contextualised teaching of phonics, spelling and grammar. See our resources menu on this page for sample teaching plans and curriculum maps.
- Photographic galleries of examples of practice from our nationwide network of Power of Reading schools.
- Clear explanations of key teaching approaches that are proven to raise engagement and attainment in English.
- Recommended reading lists to further develop staff subject knowledge.
- Access to our Take 5 resources - our home learning plans linked to Power of Reading texts, find out more about the home learning resources included in this membership.
"This is my first year using CLPE planning and I haveto say that I feel that my English teaching has greatly improved. I am more enthusiastic in my teaching, my pupils have become more engaged, and there is far more speaking, listening, vocabulary, drama, role-play, art and writing woven throughout my teaching."
Joanna Shobbrook, Year 5/6 Teacher, St Michael’s Primary School.