The CLiPPA Schools Shadowing Scheme
To promote the teaching of poetry in schools we run a Schools Shadowing Scheme alongside the CLiPPA
What does shadowing the CLiPPA involve?
- You can shadow the CLiPPA as a single class or group or as a whole school.
- Allow individuals or groups of children to choose a favourite poem from a shortlisted collection and work this up as a performance. Our advice for a successful performance notes will provide helpful hints and tips on how to do this effectively.
- Video the performances, reflect on these together and pick the best ones to send to the judging panel at CLPE.
- The judging panel will watch all the video entries and select a winner to represent each shortlisted book. These winners will be selected to perform on stage at the National Theatre, London as part of the award show in July.
Check out our top 10 tips for teaching poetry in our What We Know Works’ Poetry booklet and the summary of our 2017 research project funded by Arts Council England.
- Read our blog by Dr Laura Ovenden about how poetry has been transformational for her class
- Read our blog by Gemma Gibson from winning CLiPPA 2018 School, Sturton-Le-Steeple Primary
Photo Credit: Ellie Kurtz