The CLiPPA Schools Shadowing Scheme
To promote the teaching of poetry in schools we run a Schools Shadowing Scheme alongside the CLiPPA. With the CLiPPA 2020 award show and the announcement of CLiPPA winner Zaro Weil, Schools were invited to explore the poems with our teaching resources for Cherry Moon, Poems the Wind Blew In, Midnight Feasts. Tasty Poems, The Proper Way to Meet a Hedgehog and Other How-To Poems and Wain. LGBT Reimaginings of Scottish Folklore
The following schools are the winners of the CLiPPA 2020 Schools Shadowing Scheme:
- St Matthew’s School, Birmingham: ‘Books’ from Poems the Wind Blew in - this year's overall shadowing school winner.
- Minchinhampton CofE Primary Academy, Gloucestershire: ‘Snoring Dog’ from Cherry Moon
- Norwich Road Academy, Norfolk: ‘Firework’ from The Proper Way to Meet a Hedgehog
- Swaffield Primary, Wandsworth: ‘Brother and Sister’ from Midnight Feasts: Tasty Poems
- Mandeville Primary, St Albans: ‘The Unknown Jelly Baby’ from Midnight Feasts: Tasty Poems
The CLiPPA Schools Shadowing Scheme 2021
Check out our top 10 tips for teaching poetry in our What We Know Works’ Poetry booklet and the summary of our 2017 research project funded by Arts Council England.
- Read our blog by Dr Laura Ovenden about how poetry has been transformational for her class
- Read our blog by Gemma Gibson from winning CLiPPA 2018 School, Sturton-Le-Steeple Primary
Photo Credit: Ellie Kurtz