Read our latest Impact Report
We are delighted to announce the publication of our Impact Report 2021-22. The report summarises the impact that CLPE has had this year on schools and teachers across the country. It gives an up-to-date insight into our key areas of work including training, teaching resource creation and research which is underpinned by our mission to put quality children’s books at the heart of all learning across the UK.
Catherine Ross, Chair of CLPE Trustees introduced the report:
"We are looking forward to the future of CLPE, as an Arts Council National Portfolio Organisation and as a key player in the literacy teaching landscape. We are pleased to share our impact report with you and proud of the ways in which our research, our resources and our training continue to impact on literacy teaching across the country ensuring that all children benefit from our work"
Key figures at a glance:
- 452 teachers took part in face-to-face training and there were 2130 attendees on our online training
- 1610 schools have a CLPE school membership with 94% of teachers reporting that their children are choosing to read more independently
- 90 Home learning resources were created to support continuity of learning outside the classroom
- 100% of teachers involved in the Power of Reading training programme in 2021/22 reported that the programme improved children's engagement in reading while 97% of teachers believed it had improved their own subject knowledge.(For fuller details read our separate Power of Reading Impact Report 2023 ).
- 22 children's authors and illustrators have partnered CLPE's work and 60 new free resources have been produced with publishers to support the use of books in the classroom .
Read the full CLPE Impact Report 2021-22 and the Power of Reading Impact Report 2023 below.
CLPE Impact Report 2021-22
Power of Reading Impact Report 2023