Join the free, online CLiPPA Shortlist Event!
CLPE, the National Poetry Centre for Primary Schools, is delighted to announce that for the first time in its 20-year history, the shortlist for the CLiPPA (Centre for Literacy in Primary Education Poetry Award) will be announced live at a virtual event to which all schools in the UK are invited. To receive their invitation, all schools need to do is to register for this year’s CLiPPA Shadowing Scheme.
This exclusive event for shadowing scheme schools is hosted by Chris Riddell and will include poetry performances from all the shortlisted poets.
To join this event schools need to register their interest in getting involved in the Shadowing Scheme for 2023 and will then be sent details to register for the event on Zoom. Places will be given on a first come first served basis. Please note, this event will be recorded.
What is the CLiPPA Shadowing Scheme?
CLiPPA Shadowing Scheme supports schools and teachers to develop a love of poetry. Teachers are invited to choose one of the collections shortlisted for the CLiPPA and share with the children using dedicated teaching sequences produced by CLPE and videos of poets performing their work. Children choose a favourite poem from a shortlisted collection to work up into a performance, which is recorded and sent to a CLPE judging panel. Winning schools are invited to perform live at the award ceremony.
How to get involved? Shadowing Scheme Timeline:
- Register your interest to get involved!
- Sign up to join the live, virtual shortlist announcement event - exclusive to shadowing schools!
- 15th May - Shadowing Scheme begins. Download the relevant free teaching sequence to use in your class to allow you to shadow the shortlisted books. Use this sequence over a 3 week period and enter videos of your students poetry performances for your chance to win.
- 15th June - Shadowing Scheme closes.
- 10th July - CLiPPA Award Ceremony 2023. Winning Shadowing Schools will get the chance to perform on stage in London!