Get involved in the CLiPPA Shadowing Scheme 2023!
The CLiPPA encourages schools to explore the shortlist with their pupils through its Shadowing Scheme, each year prompting poetry performances in hundreds of classrooms across the UK. The Shadowing Scheme is free for schools and launches on 15th May 2023. Winning children will get the chance to perform on stage at the National Theatre in London.
Shadowing Scheme Timeline for CLiPPA 2023:
- 15th May - Shadowing Scheme begins! Download the relevant free teaching sequence to use in your class to allow you to shadow the shortlisted books. Use this sequence over a 3 week period and enter videos of your students poetry performances for your chance to win.
- 15th June - Shadowing Scheme closes. Make sure to submit your poetry performances by this date.
- 10th July - CLiPPA Award Ceremony 2023. Winning Shadowing Schools will get the chance to perform at the National Theatre in London. All schools will be given the opportunity to join us in the audience for free!
How to get involved:
1) Download the free teaching resource for the CLiPPA 2023 shortlisted book you would like to shadow with your class. Watch the shortlist announcement event with your class to kick off the shadowing scheme.
2) Plan to use these resources over a 2-3 week period in your class between now and 15th June.
3) Allow individuals or groups of children to choose a favourite poem from a shortlisted collection and work this up as a performance. The teaching notes will give you the opportunity to do this
4) Video the performances, reflect on these together and pick the best ones to send to the judging panel at CLPE
5) Name the video file(s) using the following convention: Shortlisted Book_School_Class (e.g. MarshmallowClouds_StJosephs_Year1). Upload the video(s) to our digital platform - no later than 3pm on 15th June. Make sure you complete the CLiPPA consent form and send this with your entry. Download this below.
A shadowing winner will be chosen for each shortlisted collection. Shadowing Scheme winners will be announced on the 19th June 2023 and will get the chance to perform at the National Theatre in London.
Any questions about this year's Shadowing Scheme, get in contact with us...
The CLiPPA is supported by Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS) and Arts Council England.
Our CLiPPA partner ALCS have created free Copyright in the Classroom guides for both children and teachers. These guides will help you check that you are using texts in your school correctly and fairly to those that produce them.