March Spotlight... The Impact Report
Spotlight on the impact report:
Last month we announced the publication of our Impact Report 2017-18. The report summarises the impact the CLPE has had in this time on schools, teachers and over 5 million primary school children across the country. It gives an up-to-date insight into our key areas of work including training, teaching resources and research - all of which support our mission of putting quality children’s books at the heart of all learning across the UK.
As well as this, we also document the landmark year we had with regards to the refurbishment of our Literacy Library after a highly successful Crowdfunder campaign; the headlining Reflecting Realities report and our dedication to being a Centre of Excellence for the Future.
Looking to the future
This year we are continuing to:
- Deliver high quality, research-driven courses in our centre and throughout the country.
- Maintain the exceptional learning experience provided by our flagship programme, the Power of Reading.
- To develop our research portfolio with Reflecting Realities 2 and the Power of Pictures research project.
- Produce our high-profile Poetry Award (CLiPPA) ceremony for the 16th year and making sure we promote a love for children’s poetry with our shadowing scheme, now in its fifth year.
- Create more free resources to enable all schools to benefit from our charitable work.
- Hold events and welcome teachers and children into our inspiring Literacy library, to ensure it is a space that encourages a love of books and reading.
- Work closely with our partners and supporters to ensure quality children’s literature continues to be put at the heart of all learning.
Thank you for all the support and love you have given the CLPE over the years. Whether you are a teacher, publisher or literacy supporter, we wouldn’t have been able to have the impact we have had without you.