Have you and your school signed up to the Power of Reading yet? Read our teacher's blog
Join thousands of schools using the Power of Reading - 90% of teachers have raised writing attainment since attending Power of Reading
The Power of Reading:
- is a comprehensive training programme supporting schools to raise engagement and attainment in literacy
- uses high quality texts as models of rich language to shape and develop talk and enhance and enrich children’s writing
- allows participants to learn first hand from authors about the writing process and the impact of their own reading experience on them as writers
- helps to develop practice that inspires a love of reading from Nursery to Y7
- is taking place in London, Bristol , Liverpool, Cambridgeshire, Birmingham , Barnsley, Kirkby, Kingston & Richmond, Norfolk, Ipswich and Bury for 2018/19 and also in London for the Power of Reading in the Early Years
Feedback from Power of Reading schools:
"Children’s writing has developed immensely and progress has accelerated. Our children now love reading and approach writing bursting with ideas and confidence."
Headteacher, Power of Reading Project 2016-17
"A super literacy initiative with instant results. Also the choice of quality books is fantastic - so many I had never heard of but now love! "
Teacher, Power of Reading Project 2018-19
"The project has had a huge impact in the EYFS through use of the books and teaching sequences. It has been instrumental in giving more confidence and inspiration to our teachers."
Deputy Headteacher, Power of Reading Project