First Story and Driver Youth Trust move into CLPE Centre
We are delighted to share our centre with its Literacy Library with two other organisations who champion literacy: First Story (the leading creative writing charity for young people with its flagship programme placing writers into secondary schools to foster creativity, confidence and ability.) and Driver Youth Trust (a charity dedicated to improving the outcomes for young people who struggle with literacy skills). CLPE are looking forward to working productively with both organisations and creating a true literacy hub around the library.
The move comes as we celebrate the Literacy Library's first year during which:
- 2550 people have visited our Centre and Library;
- CLPE have given 15752 books to schools;
- CLPE have worked with 90 Authors, Illustrators and Poets;
- CLPE have run 39 one day, two day or four day training courses for teachers;
(photo left to right Chris Rossiter – Chief Executive, DYT, Louise Johns-Shepherd and Antonia Byatt, Chief Executive First Story)
- The centre has hosted 5 Conferences, 15 evening events (including a wedding) including our Literacy Library Presents series and 5 book launches and has been used by countless teachers and schools as well as: Fisher Family Trust, Coram Beanstalk, BookTrust, CILIP, UKLA, IBBY, Empathy Lab, National Theatre, We Are Waterloo, Brandford Boase, Klaus Flugge, Cheltenham Literary Festival, Children’s Poetry Summit, National Writing Day, Little Rebels, Booksellers Association.