CLPE's What We'll Build: Notes for our Together Future Teaching Notes for Primary Schools
Following on from the success and impact of #CLPEWordsForTheWorld, our whole school unit of work for Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth by Oliver Jeffers, we have partnered with HarperCollins again to create a free whole school unit for Oliver Jeffers new book What We'll Build: Plans for our Together Future.
These notes have been written by our expert teaching team to provide schools with sessions which focus on the importance of illustration in building a narrative and supporting children’s response.
They build on our work supporting teachers to use picturebooks to enhance critical thinking and develop creative approaches in art and writing. The teaching notes show how picture books can
be used in schools to enhance children’s reading comprehension and composition of their own creative writing over a 2 - 3 week period.
- Download the teaching notes - Register you details and download the teaching notes. You may also like to buy the book in preparation from Peters Books for 35% off...
- Start the unit in your classroom - We recommend you plan to start the unit at the beginning of the new term in January, this way you can focus on the key themes of building to bring your school community together after the Winter break.
- Share your school's work - At the end of the teaching notes there is an opportunity to share what you have built with us in a day of celebration on social media. Share images and videos of your children's work using the hashtag #CLPEBuildTogether on Friday 5th February and you will be entered into a special Oliver Jeffers prize draw!
Schools who share their work with us will be entered into a special draw to win one of the following prizes:
- 5 x prints signed by Oliver Jeffers.
- 1 x Oliver's back catalogue of books for your school.
- 1 x box of books for your schools from HarperCollins children's book collection.