CLPE's 2021 back to school campaign - Growing Our Future
We are excited to announce our next back to school campaign!
To support primary schools with the back to school transition in September, our expert teaching team will be creating a FREE whole school teaching unit focusing on three high quality children's books to involve whole school communities in a ‘learning together, growing together’ focus.
This unit will use high quality children’s literature to engage children in high quality talk, reading and writing activities as they return to a new school year after a year where learning has been disrupted by the continued impact of COVID. The unit will engage the whole school community in a project that engages children in a wide range of creative and outdoor activities that are designed to impact positively on social skills and emotional well-being. By the end of the unit, the whole school community will take part in a project that results in positive action for change in their local community, through planting in the local area.
The planning is set out across 10 sessions and our suggestion is that this sequence of work is spread over a two-week period at the beginning of the school year.
This year the campaign will focus on 3 books:
- Errol's Garden by Gillian Hibbs targeted at pupils in EYFS
- The Secret Sky Garden by Linda Sarah and Fiona Lumbers targeted at pupils in Key Stage 1
- The Promise by Nicola Davies and Laura Carlin targeted at pupils in Key Stage 2
At the end of the unit we have planned an activity where pupils, staff and even parents can share their work with us on social media.
- Register to receive this unit.
- We will send you the FREE teaching unit from the 11th June 2021 so you can plan and prepare to use it in your class or school at the beginning of the autumn term.
- The unit ends with an opportunity for children, teachers and even parents to share the outcomes of their work. Share your work with us across our social channels using #CLPEGrowingOurFuture.
Watch this video from CLPE Chief Executive, Louise Johns-Shepherd introducing this year's campaign:
We're delighted to announce that we have partnered with Peters to give schools 35% off their copies of Errol's Garden, The Secret Sky Garden and The Promise throughout the summer and autumn term.
Last year, we had over 13,000 downloads of our back to school unit based on Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth by Oliver Jeffers. Alongside a number of children's authors and illustrators, schools shared the outcomes of their work with us on social media using #CLPEWordsForTheWorld.