CLiPPA 2020 Shadowing School Winners Announced!
We would like to say a BIG thank you to all schools who took part in this year's CLiPPA 2020 Shadowing Scheme. This year we received entries from schools across the country and have been so impressed by all of the poetry performances entered.
The judges had a difficult decision to make this year but winners have now been chosen and we are delighted to announce this year's winning schools:
- St Matthew’s School, Birmingham: ‘Books’ from Poems the Wind Blew in - this year's overall shadowing school winner.
- Minchinhampton CofE Primary Academy, Gloucestershire: ‘Snoring Dog’ from Cherry Moon
- Norwich Road Academy, Norfolk: ‘Firework’ from The Proper Way to Meet a Hedgehog
- Swaffield Primary, Wandsworth: ‘Brother and Sister’ from Midnight Feasts: Tasty Poems
- Mandeville Primary, St Albans: ‘The Unknown Jelly Baby’ from Midnight Feasts: Tasty Poems
We are delighted at the engagement and enthusiasm displayed by both shadowing teachers and children this year. The CLiPPA teaching resources remain free to use so you can still use them to inspire a love of poetry in your classroom!
The CLiPPA is supported by Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS) and Arts Council England. This year CLiPPA has partnered with The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival.
Download these free guides for teachers and children from ALCS: