Could you be our new Centre Manager?
We are looking for an exceptional person to manage our beautiful Centre in Waterloo and to help us ensure that everyone who works at and visits the Centre is well looked after and has a fantastic experience.
Our Grade 2 listed building houses an amazing collection of 23,000 children’s books as well as being a training and event centre for teachers, publishers and everyone else who works with children’s literature and cares about children’s literacy.
This is an extremely interesting and varied job. In one week you could be doing any number of things from ensuring our teachers can access the right equipment for their training, to planning a book launch with our librarian, sorting caterers for a conference, welcoming our trustees to a meeting, or looking after a famous children’s author.
We have a friendly, talented and committed team working from the building and are looking for a special person to make sure everything runs smoothly and efficiently.
Reporting to our Director of Finance and Operations, our new Centre Manager will:
- Manage the centre and administration team to ensure a smooth running of the building and office space and that training and events at the Centre are of the highest standard
- Manage the use of the building and all lettings, contracts and work that ensure that the Centre can function as a public space and that it is secure, safe and efficient
- Work with our Programme, Research and Marketing Teams to help us all support schools to improve children’s literacy learning
- Make sure our systems and processes are all in place and working efficiently so that our staff can do the best job possible.
The person we are looking for will have:
- amazing organisation skills and the ability to work and manage others under pressure
- excellent attention to detail and a love of systems and processes that make everything more efficient
- a commitment to excellent customer service and experience
- the ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a wide range of people within and outside of the organisation
- a good knowledge of building management and financial processes and the ability to keep clear and safe records
- confidence with databases, Microsoft Office, Google forms and online platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
If you are interested in being part of our team and taking on this key role, we’d love to hear from you. There are more details in the attached Job Description.
Please send your cv and a short covering letter that tells us why you are right to be our Centre Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Centre Manager’.