Louise Johns-Shepherd - Chief Executive
Before joining CLPE in 2013, Louise was the headteacher of two schools, a nursery school and a primary school and was also a senior leader in both the Primary National Strategies and the National College of School Leadership. Louise is the governor of a primary school, a trustee of Oscar's Book Prize and on the Strategic Advisory Board of World Book Day. She is a judge for a range of book awards including the Cheltenham Festival Reading Teachers, Reading Pupils, Amnesty CILIP Honour Medal and the 2019 Brandford Boase. She writes articles and blogs for a range of publications. She tweets at @loujs.
- Reflecting Realities: Degrees of Erasure in Children's Literature;
- Reflecting Realities - a survey to inspire change;
- Developing Policy with Integrity;
- Choosing and Using Quality Texts;
- Power of Reading books are very special.
Louise's favourite book as a child was The Water Babies by Charles Kingsley with illustrations by Mabel Lucie Atwell. She says, "I couldn’t read it when I first got it but it was read to me and the story and the illustrations have stayed with me all my life."